The Weiss+Appetito Groupe

Our succes story

Ever since our company was established in 1923, we have found ourselves in a state of constant growth and continuing change. A look back at the history of Weiss+Appetito Group.

1923

Founding of the single enterprise Otto Weiss in Bümpliz (BE).

 

1941

Untimely death of Otto Weiss. Hans Marti takes on responsibility for the company, Otto Bolliger takes on responsibility for management. Company renamed Weiss+Marti GmbH.

1947

Conversion of Weiss+Marti GmbH to Weiss+Marti AG.

1948

Kurt Weiss (son of Otto Weiss) and Herbert Marti (nephew of Hans Marti) take over management.

1956

Opening of the Weiss+Marti AG site in Langnau (BE).

1958

Mario Appetito joins the company.

Founding of a company-owned employee pension scheme.

1965

Occupation of the office building in Statthalterstrasse in Berne.

1974

Founding of the holding and the Weiss+Marti Special Services AG (Suction+Pressure Blowing).

1975

Opening of Weiss+Marti AG Neuendorf (SO).

1979

Opening of the subsidiary in Kerzers (FR) (civil engineering and road construction).

1981

Renaming in Weiss+Appetito AG.
Opening of the site in Renens (VD).

1982-1989

Founding of the divisions for building
reconstruction/concrete restoration in Bern (BE).

Opening of civil engineering sites in Lyss (BE) and Marin (NE).

1987

Founding of plastics operations (Floors+Flooring).

1991

Founding of Weiss+Appetito Rohrleitungstechnik AG (pipeline construction).
Suction+Pressure Blowing acquires a 50 per cent stake in Wagner GmbH in Straubenhardt (D).

1993

Acquisition of Euböolith in Vevey and Geneva (GE) (flooring+coverings).

1994

Occupation of Operations Centre I in Kerzers (FR).

1995

Founding of Weiss+Appetito Totalunternehmung AG (Telecom).

ISO 9001 certification for structural engineering products.

1996-2001

Site openings (Building Reconstruction) in Biel (BE), Solothurn (SO), Escholzmatt (LU) and Freiburg (FR).

Weiss+Appetito Group gains ISO 9001 certification.

2002

Site relocation from Renens (VD) to Ecublens (VD).

2003

Opening of the Euböolith site and depot in Peney-Dessous (GE) (Floors+Flooring).

2005

Founding of the energy and construction consulting division - Casvita.

Opening of Suction+Pressure Blowing sites in Altach (A) and Wyhl (D).

2006

Weiss+Appetito Group takes the 100 million turnover hurdle. Creation of 70 new jobs.

Opening of the business location Zurich-Opfikon (ZH).

Closure of the Euböolith site and depot in Peney-Dessous (GE) (Floors+Flooring).

2007

Construction of Operations Centre II in Kerzers (FR).

Relocation of the Suction+Pressure Blowing plant from Kirchberg (SG) to Goldach (SG).

2008

Creation of a new corporate structure with four companies: Weiss+Appetito AG (Construction), Weiss+Appetito Services AG (Services), Weiss+Appetito Special Services AG (Suction+Pressure Blowing) and Weiss+Appetito Management AG (Administration).

2009

Foundation of Weiss+Appetito Sàrl in Sierentz (F) (Suction+Pressure Blowing).

2010

Opening of the Building Reconstruction plant in Opfikon (ZH).

Acquisition of Josef Muff AG (conduit construction).

Acquisition of Terra Verde GmbH (roof greening).

Acquisition of the TelcoNet Services division from Ascom (Telecom).

2011

Sale of the civil engineering and road building division to subsequently focus on eight strategic business areas: building reconstruction, roof greening (Terra Verde), floors+flooring, energy+consulting (Casvita), pipeline construction (Josef Muff), suction+pressure blowing, technology centre and telecom.

2012

Construction of the substrate hall in Kerzers (FR) (Suction+Pressure Blowing).

Acquisition of DDT GmbH in Germany (Telecom).

2013

Acquisition of PRIMA-SOL AG (Floors+Flooring).

Opening of the pipeline construction plant - Josef Muff in Basel (BS).

Certification of our own substrate W+A Dachgrün Plus (Suction+Pressure Blowing).

2014

Opening of the Seeland Building Reconstruction plant in Brügg (BE).

Opening of the Floors+Flooring plant for eastern Switzerland in Frauenfeld (TG).

Weiss+Appetito Group gains OHSAS 18001 certification.

Weiss+Appetito Group gains ISO 14001 certification.

2015

Relocation of the Seeland Building Reconstruction plant from Brügg (BE) to Biel (BE).

Relocation of the Suction+Pressure Blowing plant from Goldach (SG) to Niederstetten (SG).

2017

Acquisition of Pegrila AG (Floors+Flooring).

Opening of the Building Reconstruction plant in Zofingen.

2018

Expansion of operations center I, apartments are converted into office space.

2019

Reorganization of the company management & moving into the new office facilities in Ried b. Kerzers built for the departement of building reconstruction Berne.

2020

Expansion of services in the area of building renovation with the offer of masonry contractors.

2021

Change of location on 01.01.2021 to Giacomettistrasse 1, 3006 Bern.

New location for operations centre for Pegrila AG in Kerzers.

New location for operations centre for building renovation in Galgenfeld (near Wankdorf) in Bern. 

The Weiss+Appetito Group is the sole owner of Wagner GmbH + Co. KG.

2022

Acquisition of Heid Orkan, a division of the company Heid Spezialdienste GmbH, Miesbach (D).